It's been too long so maybe I'm back now..

Hey everyone!

Now I haven't been blogging for a really long while. With the job and other stuff going on, it all seemed quite a waste of time but I'm not that sure now.

Technically, I've learned quite a lot of new things in the past few months which I'd really like to share with you all. But I'd have to make a habit out of blogging now.

I'm quite into Laravel these days, even subscribed to the one and only Jeffery Way (laracast for those not in the know) to learn his ways after muddling through it by myself for a couple of months. I'd proudly say that now I'm past the beginner level in it.. quite literally!
I've worked in jquery and bootstrap along with some really cool libraries alongside it like dropzone.js, parsley.js

Learning core concepts of modern php development like TDD and working in things like eloquent ORM, blade templates, emailing APIs(guess, work really affects other stuff in life) have been great!

I've also learned every freaking thing about web development, from setting up my own private VPS to zone file setup and deployment of code and handling the version control in git.

I ended setting up ssh and git like a boss!

The thing I'm most proud of is though, that I kept a log of everything I did, and will keep on keeping the log of it all! It's really great when you can revisit whatever you did whenever you want instead of revisiting the same old search results etc.

Other than this, I've also started working on python finally! I know I've done some course, created a few codes in python before.. but it was all hobyist stuff before.
Now I'm seriously tackling one of the greatest scripting language out there, via hackerrank this time. Their domain courses are really great! They teach nothing, but force you to read documentation like crazy to solve problems in a variety of awesome ways... wish they had php too, but no luck there!

Going back to the science part now... I'm afraid of opening the big bad book of algorithms again(yea CLRS I'm talking about you!)
But it has to happen one of these days... I can't really live with this hole in the knowledge I have about algorithms, and if I want to branch into AI anytime soon, I really really ought to finish the core concepts which I already know, but haven't ever practiced in.. I mean, greedy, dynamic, extreme graphing- I can do some of that, but it isn't instinctual yet like the rest of the stuff I know about programming.
Guess I'll start that too... one of these days!


so guys.. please bear with me- You might also get to learn some cool stuff along the way!


PS: hopefully next post won't be next year.. probably.. maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say!